DISCLOSURE AS PER SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE BOARD OF INDIA (RESEARCH ANALYSTS) REGULATIONS, 2014
About the Company including business activity
Quantum Information Services Private Limited (QIS) was incorporated on December 19, 1989.
QIS was promoted by Mr Ajit Dayal with an objective of providing value-based information/views on news related to equity markets, the economy in general, sector analysis, budget review and various personal products and investments options available to the Public. It was the first company to start equity research on an institutional level.
‘PersonalFN’ is a service brand of QIS and was started in the year 1999. In 1999, the Company registered the Domain name www.personalfn.com for providing information on mutual funds and personal financial planning, financial markets in general, etc. and services related to financial planning and research in various financial instruments including mutual funds, insurance and fixed income products to customers. It offers asset allocation and researched investment recommendations through its financial planning services.
Quantum Information Services Private Limited (QIS) is registered as Investment Adviser under SEBI (Investment Adviser) Regulations, 2013 and having Registration No.: INA000000680. In terms of the second proviso to Regulation 3 (1) of SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014 the Company is not required to obtain Certificate of registration from SEBI.
There are no outstanding litigations against the Company, its subsidiaries and its Directors.
Terms and condition on which its offer research report
Details of associates
- Money Simplified Services Private Limited;
- PersonalFN Insurance Services India Private Limited;
- Equitymaster Agora Research Private Limited;
- Common Sense Living Private Limited;
- Quantum Advisors Private Limited;
- Quantum Asset Management Company Private Limited;
- HelpYourNGO.com India Private Limited;
- HelpYourNGO Foundation;
- Natural Streets for Performing Arts Foundation;
- Primary Real Estate Advisors Private Limited;
- HYNGO India Private Limited;
- Rahul Goel;
- I V Subramaniam.
Disclosure with regard to ownership and material conflicts of interest
- ‘subject company’ is a company on which a buy/sell/hold view or target price is given/changed in this Research Report;
- Neither QIS, it’s Associates, Research Analyst or his/her relative have any financial interest in the subject Company;
- Neither QIS, it’s Associates, Research Analyst or his/her relative have actual/beneficial ownership of one per cent or more securities of the subject Company, at the end of the month immediately preceding the date of publication of the research report;
- Neither QIS, it’s Associates, Research Analyst or his/her relative has any other material conflict of interest at the time of publication of the research report except that QIS (PersonalFN) is, as per SEBI (Mutual Funds) Regulations 1996, an associate / group Company of Quantum Asset Management Company Private Limited and Trustees and Sponsor of Quantum Mutual Fund (QMF) and to that extent there may be conflict of interest while recommending any schemes of QMF. However, any such recommendation or reference made is based on the standard evaluation and selection process, which applies uniformly for all Mutual Fund Schemes. The payment of commission (upfront / annualized & trail), if any, for any Schemes by QMF to QIS (PersonalFN) is also at arm’s length and as per prevailing market practices.
Disclosure with regard to receipt of Compensation
- Neither QIS nor it’s Associates have received any compensation from the subject Company in the past twelve months;
- Neither QIS nor it’s Associates have managed or co-managed public offering of securities for the subject Company;
- Neither QIS nor it’s Associates have received any compensation for investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject Company;
- Neither QIS nor it’s Associates have received any compensation for products or services other than investment banking or merchant banking or brokerage services from the subject company in the past twelve months.
- Neither QIS nor it’s Associates have received any compensation or other benefits from the subject Company or third party in connection with the research report
- The Research Analyst has not served as an officer, director or employee of the subject Company.
- QIS or the Research Analyst has not been engaged in market making activity for the subject Company.
Definitions of Terms Used
- Buy recommendation: This means that the subscriber could consider buying the concerned fund keeping in mind the tenure and objective of the recommendation service.
- Hold recommendation: This means that the subscriber could consider holding on to the fund until further update. However, additional purchase via ongoing SIP can be considered.
- Sell recommendation: This means that the subscriber could consider selling the fund keeping in mind the objective of the recommendation service.
Click here to read PersonalFN’s Mutual Fund Rating Methodology
Quantum Information Services
Private Limited CIN: U65990MH1989PTC054667 Regd. Office: 103, Regent Chambers,
1st Floor, Nariman Point, Mumbai – 400 021 Corp. Office: 16 Jolly Maker
Chambers II, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400 021. Email: email@example.com Website:
www.personalfn.com Tel.: 022 61361200 Fax.: 022 61361222
SEBI-registered Investment Adviser. Registration No. INA000000680, SEBI (Investment Advisers) Regulation, 2013